Connect to MBMItes worldwide
logo
Brief History

The Mugneeram Bangur Memorial Engineering College was established on 15th August 1951 by the Government of Rajasthan. This was made possible by a handsome and generous donation of Rs. 8.00 lacs by Seth Ramcooverji Bangur of Didwana, to perpetuate the memory of his late brother Seth Mugneeramji Bangur and Rs. 2.00 lacs from Hanwant Benevolent Fund. With the unusual dynamism of Shri Mathuradas Mathur and hard work of Prof. A.D. Bohra, the college started functioning in the Ugamji's Bungalow near the railway overbridge leading to Sojati Gate within a record two months time after getting green signal from the Governments. The laboratories and hostels were housed in the old Indian Guest House in Ratanada. After a couple of years, the college was sifted to its present location covering an area of 92000 sq.m. and new hostels were constructed. With the establishment of the Jodhpur University (now J.N. Vyas University) in July 1962, this college became its constituent Faculty of Engineering.

Prof. V. G. Garde who took over as Principal on Dec. 3rd, 1951 and brought this college on the map of India as a leading Engineering Institution by his exemplary discipline, high academic & technical standards and missionary work spirit. Later on Prof. Hari Singh Choudhary, Prof. S.C. Goyal, Prof. R.M. Advani, Prof. M. L. Mathur, Prof. Alam Singh, Prof. S. Divakaran, Prof. V. S. Bansal, Prof. D. C. Surana and many more brought the college name and fame.

Initially a three year degree course, leading to B.E. (Civil) and two year diploma course in Civil Engineering were offered with an intake of 35 students in each course. In 1957, the degree course in Mining Engineering and in 1958, degree courses in Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering were started. In 1966, Master courses in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Mining Engineering were started. In 1972, degree course in Electronics and Communication Engineering was started. In 1990, Master course in Electronics and Communication Engineering and degree course in Computer Science & Engineering and Production & Industrial Engineering were started. M.C.A. and P.G.D.C.T.A. programmes were also started. In 1998, B.E. Chemical Engineering and B. Arch. were started. In 1999, Postgraduate diploma in Stone Technology was started. In 2000, the department of Computer Science and Engineering started a Degree course in Information technology.

Alumni of the college have brought laurels to the institution by their outstanding achievements not only in India but also at global level. Alumni qualifying at the UPSC and other national tests have continuously earned a very high rank for their alma mater in the list of engineering colleges in India.

Legendary personalities like Dr. Rajendra Prasad, President of India, Dr. Sarvapalli Radha Krishnan, President of India, Sh. Govind Ballabh Pant, Union home minister, Dr. Man Mohan Singh, Union Finance Minister and many more have visited this college and appreciated its services in Nation Building.

WEB SOLUTION BY: DREAMTEAM